Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ultimas Dias en La Isla

Mihinoa Camping is an amazing place.  It`s not only a campsite, it has a dorm room, private rooms and a communal kitchen.   I rented a tent and was fortunate enough to pitch the tent in a building that was under construction, protected from the weather.  This was a plus because the strong wind and sporadic rain can be problematic for tiny tents.  I was able to cook for myself and meet other travelers, all by the edge of the ocean no-less!

The last few days I was on the island I was able to borrow Francisco`s bike and ride around on my own.  Even though he was weird, (I will tell you the story in person if you wish) it was very kind of him to lend out his bici.

I rode around the town and then took a little trip towards the airport. 
This is La Iglesia de Rapa Nui.  Religious pluralism at it´s best!

I found this cliff behind the airport and walked down to the rocks.  It was a bit dangerous to swim so I just let the waves splash me as I sat on a rock.
cliff colors

And then I ate a delicious empanada on the beach.

And then I saw a rainbow (after being caught in a sudden rain storm).
And then I said goodbye to La Isla Pascua.

No comments:

Post a Comment