Monday, May 14, 2012

Alma Atta Emporio

Sometimes I work in the cafe here.  It is totally different work than when I am on the farm.  I wash dishes, serve coffee and try to understand Spanish.  All of the products used in the cafe are organice (mostly), and most of the people who come in are fancy.  It is like a cafe from New York in an underdeveloped plaza near Chillan where chickens and rabbits run around outside.


On Thursday I worked in the cafe during an event that they held at night.  At 7pm 20 women showed up to put make up on each other and to paint tiny statues of la virgen.  They ate some dinner, stayed until 11pm and then left.   ????


They make apple juice from the apples on the farm.  It tastes very different from all other apple juice I have tried.  Those girls on the bottle are Nico and Gracias' daughters.

outside the cafe.


No comments:

Post a Comment