Monday, May 14, 2012

La Mina

 La Mina Chiflon Del Diablo is a bit outside of Concepcion.  I took a microbus by myself out there to Lota which is the town where the mine is located.  Taking the bus was probably more fun than visiting the mine, but here are some pictures from Lota and La Mina.
The mine is naturally ventalated because it runs under the sea.  Why this happens I am not sure, I couldn't understand half of what the guide said.

The best part the mine tour was when we turned off our head lamps and were silent for a minute.  It was so dark and so silent -- a rare experience.

Lota is a town full of colorful houses and windy streets that overlooks the ocean. Dirtier than most.

On Sunday I returned to Chillan and was picked up by Nico who brought me to a BBQ.  How nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment