Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Soy Soltera Sin Padre

Everyone keeps asking me if I am married and if my father is still alive.  Two questions which seem strange to me.  In the U.S. no one is so forward and no one presumes such things about a 24 year old.  It is interesting that they ask these questions because my answer is pertinent to the motives of my trip.

"No, I am not married and I don't have children.  I am on this trip because I want to explore and be adventurous before I am tied down, which very well could be soon. . .who knows!  I am lucky to have such freedom."

Dirty hand. No ring! 

                                                             

Dreaming of an orchard of my own.



"No, my father is not alive, he died two years ago.  He left me and my brothers a house and land, of which are located on an old apple orchard.  I want to develop the land and rehabilitate the orchard, that is why I am working on farms and orchards while I am in Chile; I am hear to learn about building a farm and an orchard, and maybe even a farm-to-table restaurant someday!"








 I do think about my Dad frequently, especially when I travel because I remenisce about how him and I would travel together.  I like to think that he is traveling with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment