Monday, May 14, 2012

Fin De Semana en Concepcion

So I went to Concepcion, a city about an hour and a half from Chillan.  Concepcion is right on the coast and has suffered heavily from several earthquakes over the years, but has culturally perservered due to its thick culture of academia and economically due because of it's mining environment.
The city was very polluted, my boogers were completely black every day. 
This is the big round about in Concepcion.  As we entered the city we passed a couple making out right in the middle of the circle, one on top of the other.  PDA is really big here because everyone lives with their parents.

It really felt like fall in Concepcion, leaves all over the side walks and a crisp autum smell.

Although a bit hard to see, here is some evidence from the earthquake from 2010.

I bought a newspaper for my bus ride, this is what I found in the national news section.
"Pier ruins graduation photo" this is US news.  Right below it : "55 dead in Syria."
I'm not sure if those two pieces of new equate...

No comments:

Post a Comment